Mike and our team believe social media can create space for meaningful engagement with our community. In this spirit, we invite you to share, discuss, and discover different perspectives and ideas through our social media platforms, and we welcome your questions and comments.
We also recognize that online spaces – and perhaps social media in particular – can lead to some people to feel unsafe. To ensure our online spaces are safe, inclusive, and welcoming to all, we’ve established the following guidelines:
Protecting your privacy
Anything posted publicly to our social media platforms can be seen and read by anyone. Due to privacy and security concerns, we will not reply to direct inquiries about constituency related issues on social media platforms, including private messages. Specific requests for MP services including assistance with immigration, citizenship, student loans, or veterans’ affairs, must be sent to our office at mike.morrice.C1@parl.gc.ca, or by calling 519-741-2001.
Content and conduct rules
Our goal is that Mike’s social media platforms provide a productive space for thoughtful conversations. The following rules outline content and conduct that is not permitted on his platforms and will result in content removal and potential bans of users.
Commercial material and spam
We will delete, hide, or block marketing materials, commercial content, and other types of “spam” (such as comments that are posted repeatedly), and will ban users as we deem required.
Zero tolerance for harassment, abuse, and threats
We have zero tolerance for any content that constitutes harassment, abuse, or threats to others. Specifically, we do not tolerate content that:
- Is abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening, or attacking others
- Is defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, or depicting violence
- Refers to upsetting or distressing subjects
- Includes hateful in language targeting race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or political beliefs
- Is sexually explicit or pornographic
- Is fraudulent, deceptive, libelous, misleading, or unlawful
- Refers to criminal or illegal activity
- Violates any intellectual property rights
- Is spamming in nature
- Contains viruses or programs that could damage the operation of others’ computers
Removal of posts and user bans
We reserve the right to remove any posts, comments, or content that violate these guidelines or with the platform’s own terms and conditions, rules, or laws. We may also block users who violate the rules or otherwise abuse our online communities. We also reserve the right to remove posts that include commercial solicitations, solicitations of donations, or misinformation.
Disclaimer – content posted by Mike and team
We post content that we believe to be reliable at the time it is made public, however we cannot guarantee any information is complete or accurate at all times.
If you have questions about anything in this policy, please contact mike.morrice.C1@parl.gc.ca.